Certificate + Fellowship Program
LEAP will launch a Certificate in Climate Data Science program. The certificate requires four courses, with Climate and Big Data (or equivalent core literacies in climate and data sciences) as prerequisites:
- a cross-disciplinary elective
- a data science elective for a climate science student; e.g., Humans and the Carbon Cycle (DEES GU4020).
- a climate science elective for a data science student; e.g., Statistical Machine Learning (STAT GR5241).
- Climate Prediction Challenges (under development; see LEAP Curriculum for description.)
- LEAP Seminars: LEAP-Sem1 and LEAP-Sem2 (under development; see LEAP Curriculum for description.)
A limited number of LEAP fellowships (summer or year-long) will be available for students who will participate in the Certificate Program.
Summer 2022: Call for LEAP Momentum Summer Fellows